Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limiting a Graph to only filter depending on one Table

Hi,

Firstly, probably due to being partially brain dead from trying to work this out, i have been finding it hard to navigate this forum, so apologies if this thread pops up in the wrong area!

Secondly, the main reason i'm here,   as i have said in the subject line, i am trying to limit the way a graph filters based on a single trable box. Essentially we have a graph that we want to limit to this current year, while we can hard code this, we want to give the user an option to review previous years, so that becomes less of an option.

There are other parts of the report that we do not want to filter this way, i have tried to use functions such as getcurrentselect and get currentfield (probably incorrectly) in order to "link" our graph to the text box allowing it to match on the year of a selected date (for example, 01/01/1900 would find the year 1900, as would 31/12/1900. but 15/03/2012 would bring back 2012) but i cannot get it to work correctly, not find a specific explanation on whether or not i am using the correct functions, or indeed using them in the correct way.

Any help provided will be greatly recieved,

and thank you in advance oh mighty qlikview-ers!

Chris

4 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

can you post your app?

Not applicable
Author

i can, but it will take me some time, due to working in a hospital there are certain DPA things we have to account for, so i will need to load it with test data etc.

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ok, it was to do it faster.

Craete a new calendar table and join it to the this table u use to craete the chart and that's it

Not applicable
Author

i guess then, the text box would contain the calendar?