Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astitzel
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Line chart showing salary data over time

Hi all - hopefully there is an easy solution to this fairly simple ask.

I am trying to show employee salary data overtime in a line chart. The line chart is included in a dashboard that shows end of year performance data for each employee. I have three salary values for each employee that represent individual salaries at 6 month intervals.

I have included a dummy data set that mimics my employee salary data set. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

do a cross table load and convert the headers into column values
i.e. your dta is loaded into qlik like this
name Date Salary
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Crosstable-Load/ba-p/1468083

then its fairly striaght forward line chart

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

do a cross table load and convert the headers into column values
i.e. your dta is loaded into qlik like this
name Date Salary
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Crosstable-Load/ba-p/1468083

then its fairly striaght forward line chart
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ann, did Dilip's post help you get things working as you wanted?  If so, do not forget to return to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button on his post to give him credit and let others know that things did work for the use case.  If you are still working on things, leave an update.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.