Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II

Link is behaving weirdly

Hi,

I have two tables - Banner and Supplier, Both of them linked through click id, that is default association based on same name. 

I have units field in Supplier table, I am getting very weird result while performing sum (units). Attached the image. 

In straight table and in text box i am getting 4 as sum of unit, while when i see the table box for supplier there is only 1 record which has units 2. So how come it is giving me 4. Is there cross join happening that is not visible. 

Please look into the image and let me know your thoughts.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Table box is not a good object to validate data (at least here). Table box shows single row for same combination of field values, in other words - it doesn't show multiple same rows. That means, if you are seeing one row in table box and getting sum() result as 4 times the value, then your data has got multiple values. You could check using 'Frequency' in listbox for that particular value and combination.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Table box is not a good object to validate data (at least here). Table box shows single row for same combination of field values, in other words - it doesn't show multiple same rows. That means, if you are seeing one row in table box and getting sum() result as 4 times the value, then your data has got multiple values. You could check using 'Frequency' in listbox for that particular value and combination.

nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes i never noticed that Table Box doesnt show duplicates, now will keep in mind. After using Distinct load i get the correct result.

Thanks

Regards

Neha