Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greend21
Creator III
Creator III

Link to Specific Part of Word Doc

Hi,

I'm setting a button to launch a word document that will have information on the various reports within the application. The word Document is set up with collapsible/expandible fields. Is it possbile to have the button launch the document and show only the related field as expanded ?

I've attached an example. Basically, I would want the button on report 1 to open the doc and expand only the Report 1 fields. Same for reports 2 and 3.

Thank you,

Dan

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess that there is a easier way to do that, why dont you try to have 3 documents? one for each report?

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I was considering that, but I have a lot more than three reports in the real application and would need a lot of documents. At that point it may be easier to let the user navigate to the correct field in the document.

Anonymous
Not applicable

'I was considering that, but I have a lot more than three reports in the real application and would need a lot of documents. At that point it may be easier to let the user navigate to the correct field in the document.'

I guess that best way is to let the user navigate to the correct field in the document. Let all Reports not expanded in Word and he expand what he want to.

I dont think that is possible  this way "I would want the button on report 1 to open the doc and expand only the Report 1 fields. Same for reports 2 and 3."

marcus_sommer

I think this would be only possible if you could add an appropriate start-parameter to your launch-command but AFAIK there don't exists one suitable.

I believe I would rather use a reverse logic and including this informations (stored with a database or an excel) within each qvw.

- Marcus

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I also just learned about bookmarking Word documents and how you can link one document to open another at the bookmark. It would be the file name with "#bookmark" added at the end. So c:\Mydocuments\myfile.docx#bookmark. Any idea if that can be used? I tried it that way and with the bookmark under Parameters and Working Directory but neither have worked.