Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tani
Contributor II
Contributor II

Linked Dashboards

Hi all!
My qestion is regarding Dashboards. When I copy the exicting Dashboard, the new Dashboard is likned to the first one. When I make a selection to the second one, it is also reflected to the old one. So they are linked. How can I copy the dashboard without being linked to the first one? Thanks!

Adi

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

All sheets in a QlikView application are connected to the same associative datamodel, a selection in the application i valid for all sheets in the application. 

There are ways to separate the analysis to take different set och selections.  Here are three suggestions. 

1. Duplicate the application. Then you will have two identical assiciative data models that are not connected to each other by any means. 

2. Add an alternate state to your dashboard: An alternate state works as a paralel version of  your associative datamodel. A selection done in one state does not affect the selection in the other.  Working with QlikView > Discovering and analyzing > Alternate States 

3. Separate the expressions by implementing set analysis: By using set analysis you can get your dashboards to present kpi for different parts of the data. Working with QlikView > Script syntax and chart functions > Chart expressions > Set analysis and set... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

All sheets in a QlikView application are connected to the same associative datamodel, a selection in the application i valid for all sheets in the application. 

There are ways to separate the analysis to take different set och selections.  Here are three suggestions. 

1. Duplicate the application. Then you will have two identical assiciative data models that are not connected to each other by any means. 

2. Add an alternate state to your dashboard: An alternate state works as a paralel version of  your associative datamodel. A selection done in one state does not affect the selection in the other.  Working with QlikView > Discovering and analyzing > Alternate States 

3. Separate the expressions by implementing set analysis: By using set analysis you can get your dashboards to present kpi for different parts of the data. Working with QlikView > Script syntax and chart functions > Chart expressions > Set analysis and set... 

Tani
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank You! 🙂