Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Linked containers - But display different type charts

Dear Qlikview user

I have a container which contains 4 charts (Line/Bar/Stacked etc)

I want the exact same information available underneath this container, but the information to be displayed in a pivot table.

This will allow our end users to have a a visual or tabular view of the data next to each other, yet when they click on a chart tab, the corresponding tabular information tab in the container underneath is also displayed

How do I link the two containers, where one set of tabs are graphs and then ones underneath are tabular,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Helen

2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Create a third container that contains these two containers >> display type single object (ie tabbed) >> and tabs at top

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no easy way to synchronize two containers - there are no events raised when you select a container tab, so the second container has now way of knowing that the selection in the first has changed.

For this reason, I rarely use containers. This sort of issue is better handled with buttons setting a variable value, and by conditional show to show the charts/tables based on the variable value. This way, it is simple to have pairs of objects whose visibility is synchronized.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein