Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Linking to specific sheets

Hi,

I have a pyramid-like structure in my company, with a management_dashboard, from where the managers can use buttons to open team-specific dashboards via document_chaining to see more detail.

That in itself works fine.

I tried once to make QlikView open a specific sheet in that case, depending on a "variable" (a selection in an inline_table) that I passed from the management-dashboard down to the team-specific one. <=> That did not work.

At the time, QlikTech confirmed to us that a trigger that would, "on opening" a QV_app, activate a specific worksheet, did not work in AJAX. We solved the issue at the time by way of a macro.

Now that concept has risen from its little black box and I am just wondering whether that issue has been fixed in one of the newer versions?

I could still reactivate the macro we had to do that, but it seems a bit over the edge when QlikView should actually be able to do that on its own.

Can anybody tell me if that has been fixed?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you open documents from the access point you can add a parameter to the url to open the document on a specific sheet. See this discussion: Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand