Hi,

I have two tables in my application. Table 1 has following fields:

[Start Time]                [End Time]                           [Details]

09/18/2014 18:00   09/18/2014 18:30                  DNM

Table 2 has following fields:

[Time of Action]          [Other Details]

09/18/2014 18:14          DNC1

09/18/2014 18:20          DNC2

I want to create a master table such that if the [Time Action] is between the [Start Time] and [End Time], I append all the details. The final table which I want is similar to this:

[Start Time]                [End Time]                           [Details]        [Time of Action]          [Other Details]

09/18/2014 18:00   09/18/2014 18:30                  DNM                    09/18/2014 18:14          DNC1

09/18/2014 18:00   09/18/2014 18:30                  DNM                    09/18/2014 18:14          DNC2

Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Exactly for that purpose the IntervalMatch function has an extended syntax. You can pass the ID as extra parameter. See this discussion for an example: Between / subquery /intervalmatch(?) issue

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vikasmahajan

You need to apply Interval Match  command we have lot of example in community for interval match search

and use it.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the intervalmatch function. See this blog post for an example: IntervalMatch

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert - however, as I was reading about Interval Match i realized that there is an additional challenge.

There is an ID column in both the tables and I need to ensure that the ID's are same while linking the two tables. Is there a way to implement this?

Once again, thanks a lot for your help.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Exactly for that purpose the IntervalMatch function has an extended syntax. You can pass the ID as extra parameter. See this discussion for an example: Between / subquery /intervalmatch(?) issue

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Balaji,

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
AS