Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List box and bar chart issue

Hi ,

I have a list box which will display all the rcodes and i have created the bar chart with dimesnion as Engineers and expression as coint of rcodes by excluding few.

The problem is when i select the excluded rcode in the list box the bar chart is howing as no data to display (It is correct)

But when i select the bar chart it is showing the excluded rcode in the list box as it is included in the Bar chart

How to resolved this.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any one faced the similar issue???

Not applicable
Author

The reason why bar chart is not showing the restricted data is that the expression has been written to exclude it. But for list box no such rules has been defined and hence it will automatically list all the values irrespective of excluded or not.

If you want don't want the list box to list the values, use the expression to define accordingly. Tried a similar example where i wanted to exclude 3 in bar chart and list box. For bar chart i used set analysis and excluded it but where as for list box i used the following expr and it worked out.

=if(rcodes <> 3,rcodes)

chk and let me know if it also works for you.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response IT user sorry for not making it clear on my statement. it is not about displaying the rcodes.it is about the selection. When i am selecting the bar chart only the related value should get selected in the list box but the same is not happening .Not only with the listbox . Other bar charts are not showing the related value. I am using only one table and no manipulations done.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Just check whether you have checked the 'READ ONLY' option in General tab in Chart Properties... If so uncheck it.