Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

List of fields used in personal objects

Hi everyone,

It's been a while.. I hope you are doing great !

I need to reduce the size of an app so I used Qv document analyzer to get the list of the unused fields.. and there is a loooot of it.

the problem is that there is a long list of fields that are used ONLY in personal objects by the users, so I can't simply put a drop field at the end of the script to quickly optimise the size of the app.

Is there a way (natively or not) to get the list of the fields that are used on the personal objects ?

Thank you

Youssef B

Labels (2)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK these information are stored within the shared-files. Maybe you could fetch them from there with an editor or loading in QlikView. In the old days there were also a shared-file viewer within the power tools - maybe it's still available.

- Marcus

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

@marcus_sommer  Hi Marcus,

Thank you ! I'll take a look at the shared file to see how to fetch the data I need.

Have a nice day

Youssef

James5654
Contributor II
Contributor II

A field is one data point within an object (e.g. “First Name” on the lead object). A record is row of field data within an object (e.g. the lead “John Smith”). An object is comprised of its field definitions and records. A tab is used to expose an object and its data to the end user through the web interface. MyCFAVisit Customer Survey