Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Listbox Default No Selection

Hello,

I have a list box that is tied to a straight table.  I want only the items in the listbox which are selected to show as columns in the table.  This part I have figured out. However, I know that with QlikView, no selection in a listbox essentially means "select all".  Since I have over 200 possible selections for fields to show on the report, I actually want no selection in my listbox to show NO fields at all.  Is there any way I can accomplish this?  I have not been able to find a setting or anything of the like.  I do not want to do "always one selection" because a user should be able to choose as many as they want and there should be no "default".  The "default" should be to show no fields.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The reason I am using 2 fields is because in the selection the user wants to see the real text but in the report, they want to see the database field name. I realize this of course complicates things, but it is the requirement nonetheless. I will try your solution tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks again for the help!

Sent from my mobile device

Not applicable
Author

I have discovered the solution I need.  For each field which is dynamic, which I have identified individually as its own expression, I need to put this as the conditions presentation: SubStringCount(GetFieldSelections([%_GenProjText], '|'),'Associated Form Factors')=1

If no selection is made in the listbox (all entries are WHITE), no columns will show.  Only those which are selected as GREEN will show. 

Thank you Mike for your assistance in getting me to this point, it was most helpful.  Hope this helps someone else out in the future as well!

Not applicable
Author

I ended up going with solution #2 here - it worked well for what I needed to accomplish.  Thanks so much for your help!