Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romain_bourdon
Contributor II
Contributor II

Listbox excluded values filtered/not filtered

Hi everybody,

Is anyone knows why excluded values from a listbox are simply masked (in grey) when I reload an application on my computer, whereas when I reload it from a task on the server excluded values are filtered (they don't appear at all).

Thanks.

Romain

4 Replies
Not applicable

Do you have 'Section Access' in your script or 'Loop and Reduce' option in QMC.

romain_bourdon
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes I have a section access. I don't know what is 'Loop and Reduce', is it 'Initial Data Reduction Base on Section Access' option in Document Properties ?

Not applicable

Loop and Reduce can be found here in QMC (this is on the server side):

Test.png

Speculation 1:

I believe because of section access when you run on your local machine you must be considered an Admin and hence can see all the data, but when you run on the server you might  be considered a user so would be seeing just the data pertaining to you.

How is Section Access defined. Through an inline table or from an excel or from an Active directory?

Speculation 2:

If Loop and Reduce is being used then when you run on the Server, it will remove the data thats not related to the user and created a separate qvw. So if there are 10 users, then 10 qvws will be created each with restricted data.

Thanks

romain_bourdon
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok. Maybe the speculation 1 because it is on my dev environnement too, where no publisher is installed.

Section access is defined to get information from Active Directory