Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Listbox in alternate state does not refresh

All,

Let say I have a CITY listbox set to be a in a StateA with values A,B,C,D. Now if I the city field has few more values E,F added,

why does not my list box in alternate state refresh with the new values  A,B,C,D,E,F. But shows only A,B,C,D. How can this be fixed.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps a stupid question, but just to rule this out: Did you reload the document?

Are values E and F loaded in the same field as the rest of the values? Note that Qlikview is case sensitive with regards to field names. CITY, city and City are three different fields to Qlikview.

Can you post an example Qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps a stupid question, but just to rule this out: Did you reload the document?

Are values E and F loaded in the same field as the rest of the values? Note that Qlikview is case sensitive with regards to field names. CITY, city and City are three different fields to Qlikview.

Can you post an example Qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry. Yes reload worked.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I am attaching a sample qvw for alternate state. In the qvw, I copy the default values from one list box to a list box in StateA. I create a straight table in the StateA.

Steps to re-create my issue

1. Slect State CA

2. Select City B&C

3. Click Copy State. Now the next list box will also have values B&C and the straight table as well

4. Select City C in the straight table

5. Now again click to C to unselect C.

When I unselect C I was expecting only the original alternate state values B&C. But the alternate state listbox and the straight table brings the default values (B,C,F,G) associated with State CA.

How to handle this? Your help is much appreciated.

THanks,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why would a selection in an alternate state work differently then a selection in the default state?

Click on C in the City field. Then unselect C in the City field. You will see the exact same behaviour.

Not applicable
Author

The scenario I am trying is,

1. Find the top populated city in the Selected State and Selected cities. So If State CA is selected the city options to choose from will be B,C,F,G. If I chose B,C then the top will be B. I I chose B,C,F then it will be F.

2. Display the State and City in a straight table. If the straight table is in default State then when I select a city in the table, then the top city in the text object will change. But I still want this from the original selected group. That's the reason behind alternate state.

I kind of need to keep the original selected values for the city and use it in the table. I also will hide the alternate state list box and rename the button from copy state to something like begin, so the users are not aware of this.

Thanks for your input.