Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Listbox property - Always one selected value

Hi guys,

After reducing all data, the listbox property 'always one selectewd value' is disappering that is not good for me. May be one of you knows how to workaround this. Please see example in attachment. I need that after reducing and reloading data, this property will be check and value will be 'EUR'

Thanks for any help

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Reducing data means that you are actually removing all data (tables and fields) from the QVW document, that will affect some object properties such as this one, that needs at least one value selected.

What you can do is select EUR, then File, Reduce Data, Keep Possible values. That will remove some rows, but not all, so you have the listbox OK. If the document is still big, make some other selections, and follow the same "Keep possible values" steps mentioned until it reaches a reasonable size.

I don't see much sense in this, though, but the thing is that that property is not available until one value and only one value is selected. I might be worth logging a Support case to check whether or not this is the expected behavior.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

EDIT: Well, I see some sense here. Always one value selected requires one and only one value selected. If all rows are reduced, there are no values, therefore it's not possible to keep that property set.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm unclear exactly what you're trying to do.  However, sometimes we've have the "always one selected value" checkbox disappear due to loading problems, where we fail to load the value we had selected.  Our workaround has been to build an OnOpen trigger to run a macro to select the value and set the property.  For instance:

set field = ActiveDocument.Fields("Scale")
field.Select "Linear"
set fieldProperties = field.GetProperties
fieldProperties.OneAndOnlyOne = true
field.SetProperties fieldProperties

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

I am very curious to try this out....