Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prajwala
Contributor II
Contributor II

Loading SharePoint 365 list into QlikView

Hello all,

I  had a QlikView app where we load a SharePoint list into QlikView using RPC Calls. Now the SharePoint has been updated to SharePoint 365 and I cannot load data into QlikView in the way I did earlier. I see no tables when I try to load with new list id

Here is the syntax that I am using:

https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/name/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List=%...

This is what I get

clipboard_image_0.png

If I use the above URL in a browser, I have a owssvr file downloaded and it has all the information I need in xml format. I do not know why that is not being loaded into QlikView.

TIA

Prajwala

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks Prajwala, my bad, I made some poor assumptions.  In the meantime, I may have found something useful for you here, check out the following article:

SharePoint365 connections

Microsoft did make some changes etc., see if this helps you get things working or not, hopefully it is what you need.  Sorry I got off on the wrong track!

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What do you get if you paste that URL into a web browser from the machine to which you are trying to pull things?  I would suspect that is going to give you an error of some sort...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
prajwala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Brett,

Thank you for your reply. I did try this and when I did, an attachment named "owssvr.xml" has been downloaded. This downloaded attachment has all my list values but in xml format.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Prajwala, ok, so that narrows things down a bit further, and I believe the most likely issue is the fact a service account is making the request when it is coming from us, and there must be a security related issue on the SharePoint side related to that, as I assume you did the web browser as a logged on user?  You should login as the service account and repeat that if you did not use the service account just to ensure things still work that way, as that will provide some further info, apologies I did not think to mention that yesterday.  Hopefully you see where I am headed with things though, and this will help you sort out if it is security or something else going on.  Let me know if this helps you get things a little further down the road or not.

Regards,
Brett

prajwala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Brett, 

Yes, I did try this as a logged on user but even when I tried to reload this link in QlikView, I am doing it on QlikView desktop with the same credentials I used now. That is the reason I am confused. I still get it to work with my user credentials.

prajwala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Also, this new SharePoint update requires the user to login again before it displays the content when we normally use the website. Do you think this is something that is causing this issue?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks Prajwala, my bad, I made some poor assumptions.  In the meantime, I may have found something useful for you here, check out the following article:

SharePoint365 connections

Microsoft did make some changes etc., see if this helps you get things working or not, hopefully it is what you need.  Sorry I got off on the wrong track!

Cheers,
Brett

prajwala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much. This looks like what I need. Thanks for pointing in this direction. You were really helpful!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If this does the trick, please come back and use the Accept as Solution button on the post I made with the link to the support article, that way others will know it worked etc.

Cheers,
Brett