Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robfrankel
Contributor
Contributor

Loading excel table into script causes Qlikview to hang

Hi.

I am very new to Qlikview, so I hope this is not something silly that I'm doing wrong. Installed Qlikview yesterday and going through some training videos. At first, I could add an Excel file in the script editor, but I am now having the following problem.

When I create a new Qlikview document, I open the script editor, and click on "Table Files". I select my Excel file and click 'open'. At that point, everything locks up, and I am not taken to the next step. I can click anywhere on the screen and nothing happens. However, if I press 'Esc' or 'Enter' on the keyboard, then the Script editor becomes active again, but the table has not been added in the script.

I have tried to load various excel files but this happens on all of them.

I have even uninstalled Qlikview, and re-installed it, but no change.

Any assistance will be well appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob

3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try pressing Alt+F (shortcut to Finish button)

if esc works it may not be freezing up

Share a screen shot if possible

MarcoWedel

Does it work with any other excel file?

robfrankel
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, Dilip and Marco, for your input. I eventually Revo uninstalled Qlikview completely, and then reinstalled. After that everything is now fine. I know this leaves me not knowing what the problem was, but hey, I needed to get it working asap.

BTW... It was happening with all and any excel files.

Thanks all

Rob