Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Loading from Empty Qvd

Hello,

I am having some issue getting this concept to work, any suggestion is appreciated.

I have an empty qvd that is generated daily. I would like to get the list of fields from that empty QVD into a new field (Fieldlist).

the script below is returning nothing for field list.

TABLE:

Load * FROM

(qvd);

FIELDS:

CROSSTABLE (Fieldlist, Value)

LOAD 1 as Dummy, *

Resident TABLE

where RecNo() =1;

drop Table TABLE;

DROP FIELDS Dummy, Value;

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

TABLE:

Load * FROM

(qvd);

FIELDS:

LOAD rowno() as Row,

Resident TABLE;

drop Table TABLE;

DROP FIELDS Row, Value;

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you expecting to see when FieldList is Filter ???

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

am just trying to create a table with my column FieldList that hold all the fields(columns) fro the qvd.

thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You said, your QVD is empty. How you are expecting? Does qvd has any structure of Fields with out records?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You said, your QVD is empty. How you are expecting? Does qvd has any structure of Fields with out records?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I mean the qvd columns have no value

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sorry to bougher you replying 3 times. Fortunately, I can't delete because my actions are not working.

Try this?

tabFields: 

CrossTable (FieldList, Value) LOAD 1,* 

FROM

(qvd);

Where RecNo()=1;   

DROP Fields '1', Value; 

If not, Can you use something like Where 1 = 2;

Kushal_Chawda

TABLE:

Load * FROM

(qvd);

FIELDS:

LOAD rowno() as Row,

Resident TABLE;

drop Table TABLE;

DROP FIELDS Row, Value;

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III