Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Local Filters in Qlikview

As for as I understood, All of the QV filters work globally e.g. affect the data in all of the sheets in a QV app.

Is there are way that to make filters local to each sheet?

I am creating an app with multiple sheet and some of the filerts seems contradicting with each and other.

Is there a way to avoid that and create one App with multiple sheets with local filters to each sheet?

Thanks,

TA

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, you have many options. 1. Set analysis to override selections made; 2. Setup alternate states; 3. Use actions on activating sheets (for instance clear all). 4. Use conditional show on charts depending on filters. 5... Other options? In general I would say it's worth to try to keep the global effect alive, otherwise you might lock everything down. Takes out the dynamics of QV. But off course there are many situations in which you need to overrule certain filters/selections. Regards, Sander.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Sander.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

It is not advisable to maintain separate filters for each sheet, as Sander said those are the various methods to handle the data in multiple sheets.

Regards,

Jagan.