Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanocni
Contributor III
Contributor III

Location of File that contain Document Information in QMC

Hi Master,

I want ask about location / path file, which contain of Document Information in QMC (see attachment)

Where is it stored?

I need to add description for about 100 report in QMC

If we could rewrite this file and replace, it would be helpful

Thanks

Labels (3)
2 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK these information are stored within the *.meta files which you could find in the folder where your qvw's are. But I'm not sure that it would be good idea to manipulate these files - they have a certain data-structure and there is a significantly risk to corrupt the file. Further you would need to stop the server to apply the changes.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Marcus is spot on with his comment, and it is NOT recommended to edit the .meta files directly due to the compiled objects in them...  What you may be able to do though is edit the QVPR files and make the change there, the problem is I am not sure which QVPR xml file that goes into off the top of my head.  Found it I think, should be in the DocumentTask.xml file and the DocumentDescription field there.  NOTE: you would need to do a QVS distribution to have this information pushed to the .meta file, a Folder Distribution does NOT send the information, just FYI.  The only other option would be to use the QMC\Documents\User Documents to get the info in the .meta file, but as you noted, you have to edit every app in that case.  Hopefully this may do the trick.

Be sure you take a backup of your QVPR via the QMC\System\Setup\Management Service\Repository tab settings too before you make changes to anything, that way if something goes horribly wrong, you can simply restore the backup and try again.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.