Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Looking back 6 months using a Load Date and Start Date

Hello:

I am having a tough time with a calculation.  I do not have a calendar in my Dashboard, but the data I am using has dates.  I am looking to use a field called 'Load Date' and look to see how many items were created in the past 6 months.  I would be using another field named 'Issue Start Date'. I would need a count of those items that were started within 6 months of the Load Date.  Is this possible?

Thank you for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The Calculation should be :

count(Distinct{$<[Load Date]={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-6)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today())))"}>} [Issue ID])

I had to remove the ( from after Distinct and the ) from the end.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II

Are you looking for items within 6 months prior and 6 months after the load date?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

I am only looking for the past 6 months worth of data.  Current to 6 months prior only.

parimikittu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, Please use the below code and let me know.

"count({}items) "

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

May be like this

count({$<LoadDate={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-6)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today())))"}>} Items)
Not applicable
Author

Hi Partha:

Thank you for your response.  Is it possible to get a distinct count using this formula?  I have duplicates in the source data.  My formula is as follows:

count(Distinct({$<[Load Date]={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-6)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today())))"}>} [Issue ID]))

The formula without the Distinct works well.

Not applicable
Author

I have tried the following formula and it doesn't work.

count(Distinct({$<[Load Date]={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-6)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today())))"}>} [Issue ID]))

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

The Calculation should be :

count(Distinct{$<[Load Date]={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-6)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today())))"}>} [Issue ID])

I had to remove the ( from after Distinct and the ) from the end.