Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for Alternative Solutions

I have an app that loads all open orders from our ERP system, every 30 minutes. There are several charts that display these orders according to the customer support rep (CSR) who is assigned certain customers and whether the order meets the criteria for the conditions of these various charts. To help the CSR quickly see which charts contains orders, I have a macro that gets the row count of each chart, every time the OnAnySelect method triggers, and updates the variables in the buttons that show/hide the various charts and the chart captions. This macro also handles the show/hide function of the charts themselves, depending on which button is clicked.

As you can imagine, running this macro has a sever impact on this application since it is time consuming and brings with it all of the usual disadvantages to running macros. What I need to do it get away from this macro and find another way to provide visual feedback to the users of the charts that demand their attention. What I can't do is have the users opening each and every chart just to see if there are any records present. I'm open to any suggestions.

2014-06-04_123054.jpg

* Note: the numbers shown here are for all CSRs combined. In reality, the CSR is only concerned with the orders relevant to them (filtered when they select their name from the CSR Name listbox) so the charts are usually zero records or are a relatively small number.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brian,

As I understand, you need count of rows in each table.  It is possible without macro.  Basically, the number of rows in a straight table is the distinct count of coonbination of all dimensions in the table.  Probably in your case it is just a count on Order Numbers with different conditions, which makes the task less complicated.

There is a minor complication if you suppress rows where all expression return 0-s, but it can be handled by adding conditions.

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Duplicating, in the chart caption, the same expressions and set analysis used to derived the rows visible in the charts is what I keep coming back to as the most viable alternative to what I'm doing. At least then I can just use minimized charts rather than these macro-driven buttons. But some of the charts are just too complex - calculated dimensions, long & complex set analysis, columns based on the results of other columns, supressed rows (as you mentioned), etc.