Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bertrand_herard
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Looking for new optimization tips for Qix engine (QlikView 12)

Hello 🙂 !

I've recently migrated a big QlikView Application with a lot of graphs (using lot of expressions) for an old server V11 to a new big server (v12). It's strange because the application is now slower than before.

I know that the QlikView engine is not the same between v11 and v12 (I think it's now the same than Qlik Sense). I'm looking for documentations or tips on new ways to optimize calculations in v12 (I didn't find it in Official documentation, or it's just the same documentation than v11), do you have any optimization tips (especially on expression calculation) ?

Best regards

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It might not at all related to the new engine. Are the server resources really comparable? Will be the same configurations used? Are the data within the application the same - number of fields and records, proper associations and of course the same values?

Beside this is the application - especially datamodel and UI already optimized? Means using a star-scheme or maybe even a big flat-table and avoiding aggr() constructs, (nested) if-loops and interrecord-functions within the UI.

- Marcus