Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonopn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Lookup with two parameters - extra hard

Hi everyone,

Please help! I am trying to calculate a growth of animals population (production) in a QlikView #script. We have the first day real weight and we need to forecast in the future the estimated growth (New Weight), as you see on the photo1. 

1_population_dates.png

There is in another table, a growth model which consists in two variables.
1) Temperature
2)weight range,
This table is linked with the "growth model ID" to the "population" of the first table.

2_model.png

New weight = previous date weight + (previous date weight*growth factor)

Here is the hard part. How can we determine the growth factor, looking up on the 2nd table? It is based on round(temperature) and the weight range. For example in the first case, with round(temperature)=14 we pick the red line and growthfactor=0,119. In the second case with round(temperature)=13 we pick the blue line. The weight is not always matching the "model", it is in a range! We have to select the first row where "weight">=model weight.

Leaving an excel file with data in the attached files.

If anyone could help would be great. I could put an initiative of some 20$ (Paypal transfer) to anyone who solves, should this be OK with the community's policy.

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Saravanan_Desingh

Please upload the excel sheet

antonopn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

uploaded in the initial post. many thanks!

Saravanan_Desingh

Try this,

New Weight=FirstSortedValue([Growth Factor],fAbs(Temperature-[Model Temperature])+fAbs(Weight-[Model Weight]))*Weight

Growth Factor=FirstSortedValue([Growth Factor],fAbs(Temperature-[Model Temperature])+fAbs(Weight-[Model Weight]))

Saravanan_Desingh

Output:

commQV97.PNG

antonopn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Looks close, thank you! Actually the field weight is not used. I should ommit it. We need to start from yellow "new weight" and loop. But if your "lookup" function works, maybe I can do the rest with bested loops and "peek". Will let you know

antonopn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any proposal please? 😞

Saravanan_Desingh

So, my solution is not working?

antonopn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No. I answered above. But thank you so much for your effort! Found a way to do the looping though. Seems the only problem now is how  to lookup with two parameters on the script, based on a previously loaded table.