Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

MYSQL Live Update document

Hi, i am trying to find right tool for live tracking of our system data storage. We run on mysql database and what i need is to be able to send to a few people reports that will auto update. What i want to achieve is to minimize need of any aps installed on other computers apart from mine. Just to send lets say website with frame that will display data. Does Qlik support this form of reporting? (I need to run it for Mysql database).

TY for Answer

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's possible. You can create a Qlik Sense app that loads the data and display the data in a one or more visualizations. You can then create a mashup with (some of) those visualizations that you can show as a webpage or embed it in an existing web page.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Ty for Your answer and what program should i use? Qlikcloud or desktop or it does not matter

Not applicable
Author

I was kind of unable to join mysql database to qlickcloud. Any fine tutorial for that? i find old and it did not really help me..

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In Qlik Cloud you can't use databases like mysql as a datasource yet. So, you'll have to use Qlik Sense Desktop.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks really a lot. I just want to make sure that I understand You, I can have desktop app, create dashboard connected to Mysql database, than show it as a webpage, send to others and it will still have live (update interval defined by me) and others will still see that "live" report?

I really appreciate your help

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, if you upload the app to Qlik Cloud or email the app to another user then it will not be refreshed. It will contain the data that was loaded the last time you reloaded the app.