cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macro to zip

Hi guys,

I have the following VB macro which zips a file and password protects it. It works just fine in excel (as long as you remember to put CHR$(34) around Mypassword, target and source)

Shell ("C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE -min -a -s" & Mypassword & " " & target & " " & source)

I can't seem to work out how to convert this into qlikview - can anyone make any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Qlik itself couldn't zip/unzip files. This meant you will further need batches which do the job. Here: Re: Macro to move file to another folder you will see two different ways how you could trigger suc a batch - either with a vbs-macro or with an execute statement (which called the batch directly or like in the example over a windows task).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Qlik itself couldn't zip/unzip files. This meant you will further need batches which do the job. Here: Re: Macro to move file to another folder you will see two different ways how you could trigger suc a batch - either with a vbs-macro or with an execute statement (which called the batch directly or like in the example over a windows task).

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus i'll take a look