Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro where to start?

Good afternoon folks, as I begin to learn how to develop macros do not know where I get any tips, because I'm wanting to create macros outside the button performs your call as I do that?

4 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

You can learn macro using this http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2640 file in which you can learn qlikview related classes and methods.

Learn about general VBscript for other than this.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

I recommend checking the manual to decide where to use the macro.
Good luck.

QlikView Reference Manual.

pag:876 >>  78 Using Automation and Macros with QlikView

QlikView objects are accessible via automation from inside QlikView by means of the built-in scripting

engine.

Macros written in VBScript or JScript, inside a QlikView document can be invoked in a number of different ways:Document Events,Sheet Events,Sheet Object Events,Button Events,Field Events and Macro Editor.

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Evertonbuenolima,

I hope this API,QVW will help you to develop a macro. Go to Automation Examples Tab and select an class and according to that selection there is many member are available. Also please select the the member as per class selection, You will get the macro code on the right side.

Regards,

AKumar

Not applicable
Author

HI,

Wonder if you could help me?

I am looking for Macro SCript to format an excel export with formats such as Centre ALign, Border and cell colours??