Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezec1807
Creator
Creator

Macros Console

Good ! Can anyone tell me if the macros were created in a .qvw and are generated as a trigger after finishing charging, program work when the task of running the .qvw on the console ?
Thank you very much in advance!!!

Cheers,
Ezequiel

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Macros won't be executed triggered from the qmc and within the access point by using the ajax-client won't work most of the macros. It's general recommended to avoid macros: Macros are Bad.

- Marcus

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Marcus, but there is any way to create an alert when the task finish in the qmc?

not using macros, what are the others possibilies?

thank you a lot

Fernando

marcus_sommer

I'm just recently switcht from a complete macro-environment to a qmc-controlled environment (only server, no publisher) and haven't yet a solution.

Possible are of course external or per execute-statement triggered solutions which read the filetime from the qvw or read the task-log and send then messages but better would be solutions from inside the qvw or qmc. Maybe the alert-functionality from the qvw could be used for this or possible is to reverse the qmc-task error-messages by putting a qvw with a reload-error to the end from a task-chain which will signalize that all task before are run successfully.

- Marcus

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

Good Marcus ! Thank you very much for your answer! I will see how I solve the export table in ANSI Script ( 1252 ) format.

Anyway thank you very much!!!

Cheers!!!
Ezequiel

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As Marcu suggested, you can use the Alerts feature to send an email when the reload ends.

http://qlikviewcookbook.com/2014/01/using-alerts-to-send-the-numbers/

-Rob

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

How are you Rob ? The problem is that the .qvw should run automatically without user or developer intervention. This .qvw in question is linked to other .qvw , which run automatically on the server after this .
Thanks a lot for the help!

Cheers,
Ezequiel

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ezequiel, as@Rob Wunderlich saids, the alerts will launc on post reload, and it will be automaticaly

I think could be a solution.

Hope helps, Fernando