Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

Macros no longer work

I created a few dashboards with macros. I recently opened a sample dashboard from this site. Now none of my macros work. Nothing happens when i click buttons with actions. i even created simple ones with just a msgbox and still nothing. i think that opening the other dashboard messed all mine up. i would really appreciate any help with this.

2 Replies
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Also I know that the security settings are correct. I checked multiple times. And all of my macros used to work perfectly and i did not change any settings.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try resetting your Desktop Client Settings.ini file, or any of the [Module Checksums....] entries, there are three of these, Safe, System and Blocked.   The only thing of which I can think is things got into the wrong tag, the blocked...  The other thing you could try first is Ctrl-Shft-M in Desktop in that app, which will bring up the Security settings, and you can check to see what is set there as well, you may have already done this, and if so, then I think I would probably try renaming your entire Settings.ini file to see what that does.  The trick at that point would be figuring out what setting was crossing things up.

Path to the Settings.ini for Desktop:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.