Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devans_1
Creator
Creator

Macros not working with plugin


Hi experts....

I am having problems running simple macros using the IE plugin. There are only a few small macros - a couple are used to create/apply bookmarks and a couple are used to toggle list boxes 'Always select one value' on and off. All works fine until accessed from the access point using the plugin. No macro then works. I have tried allowing 'System access'  and 'Allow safe access' but this makes no difference. And from the QMC, the 'Allow macro execution on server' is ticked. I have also tried ticking 'Allow unsafe macro execution on server' but this makes no difference. QlikView does not give an error but the macros fail. I am using v10. Does anybody have any idea what is wrong ? I am hoping it is something simple

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devans_1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the comments Sivaraj. The ctrl+shift+M is particuarly helpful. I think the cause of my problem was having several of my list boxes as 'Always one value' which I want when a user is in a sheet but I also want to 'hide' them when they move to another sheet. So I was using a macro to remove the 'Always one value' followed by a clearing of the value when the user changes sheet. Seems the macro for 'Always One Value' does not work with plugin. I have got round this by always having the objects as allowing multiple/none values but having a trigger on the object - something like.

 

if (mid (GetActiveSheetId (), 12, 2) = '01',
if (isnull ([<field>]),
only ({$1} [<field>]),
only ([<fielld>)),
' ')


This emultate 'Always one value' quite well. So problem solved (more or less).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
srchilukoori
Specialist
Specialist

Please attach a sample app.

sivarajs
Specialist II
Specialist II

check ctrl+shift+M in access point has system access . If yes, check your macro using some msgbox("ok") in between macro just to make sure your code is working

devans_1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the comments Sivaraj. The ctrl+shift+M is particuarly helpful. I think the cause of my problem was having several of my list boxes as 'Always one value' which I want when a user is in a sheet but I also want to 'hide' them when they move to another sheet. So I was using a macro to remove the 'Always one value' followed by a clearing of the value when the user changes sheet. Seems the macro for 'Always One Value' does not work with plugin. I have got round this by always having the objects as allowing multiple/none values but having a trigger on the object - something like.

 

if (mid (GetActiveSheetId (), 12, 2) = '01',
if (isnull ([<field>]),
only ({$1} [<field>]),
only ([<fielld>)),
' ')


This emultate 'Always one value' quite well. So problem solved (more or less).