Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Mailing with Alert

Hi ,

I am trying to mail a report using alert. I am using my company smtp address in the user prefenece server option. If I am using my company email ID in the mail recipent option of alert settings, its working fine. But with a different address like gmail id or yahoo id mail is not being sent. error comes for 'could not contact server....'. Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Not applicable

can you help to configure my MAil server too ... i tried but its not working

hostname??? usr/passall that, if possible can you attach a snap shot for this

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you are using the gmail account or anyother account for sending mails then you should change the SMTP too.

So for example if you want to send mail using gmail account say xyz@gmail.com then you should change the SMTP to smtp.google.com

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

thanks kaushik but how to configure this ?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you have Qlikview Server then you will find the settings for setting mails at

QEMC -> Settings -> Setup -> Mail Server

Here you have to define the Host Name as smtp.gmail.com (incase you are using gmail account.)

Then you need to specify the mail address at From Address.

Then you Need to use the authentication as per your requirements.

Click Apply.

If you dont have server then you will find the mail configuration in Qlikview.

Open Qlikview Document

Settings-> User Preference -> Mail

Here in sender tab type your name and email address.

At Server -> Address type Smtp.gmail.com

Configure the authentication method and click on test to test the configuration.

(Here test will send the mail on specified mail address)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

you need to have smtp server then go to user prefereence_>

sender

Mail

Name- ur name

address-Emailid

server

adddress- IP of smtp server

port- port n0 most probably its 25

authentication mode-Auth login

provide ur admin username and password

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable

Hi Kaushik,

My environment:

On my laptop are installed: Qlikview 10 SR2 and QV Plugin (for IE)

I am using Alerts with pop-up + email notification. These alerts are triggered via buttons + macros

I have 2 smtp server (Development / Production). I did the development of my QV application on my laptop and configure my user settings with the smtp server from Development. Everything is working fine.

Deployment:

Now, I am deploying my QV application on the QV Server that end-user will access throught the QV Access Point and with IE Plugin. I have configured the Mail Server from the QEMC and did the test, it works fine.

When accessing my QV application through IE Plugin, I notice the menu: Menu > User preferences / Tab: Mail.

1st conclusion: This tab is sharing the same configuration that I have defined earlier in QV Software. Any modification from QV Plugin or QV Software will affect the other one.

Question 1: What is the meaning of such tab in IE Plugin (If we have configured the Mail Server through QEMC, it should not be possible for end-user to access such tab). It is confusing me.

When another user is accessing the same QV application (through IE), the tab Menu > User preferences > Mail is empty, and when an alert is triggered, the email can't be sent (although Mail Server is correctly defined) and dialog "User Preferences" is getting opened.

Question 2: Isn't it suppose to use the setting defined in the QEMC/Mail Server?

Thanks in advance,