Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III

Maintain Data on daily basis QVD.

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I have to store every day data into daily QVDs. Also I should have a control on the date range to create QVDS.

Ex: Lets say,In Source DB I have one year of data(jan 2019 to dec 2019).

Now I have a QVD which have values that defines QVD start date(2019-OCT-01) and  end date(2019-DEC-31). 

Based on the start date and end date, it should create qvds on daily basis.

for OCT:

sales_2019_OCT_01.qvd ,  sales_2019_OCT_02.qvd , sales_2019_OCT_03.qvd , sales_2019_OCT_04.qvd..... untill last day of the OCT month.  

The same applies for NOV month and Dec Month.

Note: If the QVD is already exists, then it should overwrite the existing one.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

any inputs please 

michaelsikora
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Instead of maintaining multiple QVD's, why don't you consider an incremental load. Here is a link on an incremental load to Insert, Update, and Delete.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QVD_Incremental...

Good Luck!

Mike

viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the inputs. Currently we have incremental load but the data is very huge fir one day we have 1 million. So we plan to split our data on daily basis

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe you just need to use a WHERE clause on your DB query specifying the day and if you want to loop through things, a for/next loop as well...  I am not expert on the development side of things, so not going to try to give you any code, but hopefully the idea may get you on the right track to where you can sort it out.  

The other place you may want to search is the Design Blog area to see if you can find an example there:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Sorry I do not have anything better, you may want to do some further clarification on the requirements if I have completely misunderstood things...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.