Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maintenance of the QlikView environment

Is there a document for keeping your QlikView environments running optimally (we have one server for QDS and one for QVS)?  Something like a weekly or monthly maintenance check to clean up logs, improve performance.  We are on QlikView 11.2 upgrading to 12 soon.  We have over 100 dashboards on AccessPoint and yesterday there were over 80 sessions open at the same time.  Response time has been slower, especially after we started moving our AD groups from our company to our corporate groups.  I don't know if its the heavy usage, the AD groups changing and having both assigned in the transition or a combination of that.

3 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi John,

if you maintain the QV Governance Dashboard it will  create/show usage of each .qvw file time ,No of concurrent users so that you can decide which are not using .qvw's from long time on wards try to remove them after client approval.

if the person is important and Regular user try to provide Named CAL'S instead of Session Cal's

so that burden on Server will reduce.

All these QDS things will depend on your RAM also so try to maintain sufficient RAM at the time of Users access time/Business hours.(I mean stop the unnecessary services running in machine)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying.  We do have the Governance Dashboard running each day but I am looking for documentation that would help our QlikView environment stay fine tuned so I am looking for maintenance/ clean up steps for the servers and any other helpful tasks to keep up and improve performance over time.

coyjohn1
Contributor II
Contributor II

I would still start with the governance dashboard. Probably I would want snapshots of the server, publisher, and app complexity metrics, to compare over time. If I am getting a degrade in performance or resource usage spikes, I would want to look at the complexity data to check if the apps are getting larger or if I have a significantly larger number of apps in production. Ditto this for concurrent users.

Major issues should show up in the log files. You could dashboard this as well. Other than that performance fine tuning is usually going to point back to application design practices.

For the specific AD question, I would look at the user information and check to see if the transition to the new AD groups is causing duplicate hits, that could take some detective work poking around with User IDs. You should be able to establish if you have more users or if you need user group clean up from that. If neither of those things are causing the challenge I would suspect an OS issue. Check to see if getting similar change on other web apps.