Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Make selections stay on one tab but do not affect the rest of tabs

Hi everyone,

I have a qlikview file that contains three tabs - Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3. There is a total of 5 selection fields for all of the three tabs. Selection field 1 now affects the object on the Tab 1 only. I achieved this by setting a trigger in Sheet Properties of the Qlikview document. It makes all selections dropped when i go from tab to tab. What I need to achieve is to make a selection fields stay in action when i come back to the tab where it was selected.

An example of what i need to achieve:

Go to Tab 1, make a selection in Selection Field 1, see how the objects on the Tab 1 are affected by the selection. Then go to Tab 2 and see no selections from Selection Field 1 in 'Current Selections' field, i.e. data in Tab 2 should not be affected by Selection Field 1. Then go back to Tab 1 and see that Selection Field 1 selections are still in place.

Can you give an advice?

Thanks!

9 Replies
avinashelite

HI

Please use alternate states for the tabs , then the selections in one tab will not affect the other tab.

Go to>Document properties > General > Alternate states> Add the alternate state

Then in each sheet go to properties and select the respective alternate state.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for quick response. It won't quite work in my case. Here's the situation:

Tab 1 selections are:

SEL 1

Tab 2 selections are:

SEL 2

SEL 3

SEL 4

Tab 4 selections are:

SEL 1

SEL 3

SEL 4

If I assign an alternative state to Tab 2 and SEL 2 as Alternate State A, other selection fields SEL 3 and SEL 4 won't work.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can still work with alternate states, Depending on your requirement you can allocate states.

You can allocate state to any single object or entire sheet.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Create 3 alternate states for each tab like state1, state2 and state3

in tab 1- for selections for which changes needed to be reflected give the alternate state as state1.

in tab 2- alternate state as state2

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

PFA

avinashelite

Can you please post the sample qvw so that we can work on

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank you for the file. I've modified the file according to my current situation. It's attached. Alternate states work good except for one issue. We need to find a way how to connect same filters on different tabs. For example, in the attached file on the Main tab there's "a" filter. The same "a" filter exists on Sheet 2 tab. If i make a selection in "a" filter in Main tab I want "a" filter in Sheet 2 tab reflect the same selection and affect the data. At the same time I don't need the data on Sheet 1 tab be affected by "a" filter selections.

Do you think i can write a macros or create a bookmark that would help to solve this problem? !

Not applicable
Author

Hi PParker,

Just go to sheet 2 tab and change state drop down select for 'a' listbox as A1 like on the Main Sheet.

(do change in Sheet 2) Properties>General>AlternateState>Select A1

Also,

Sheet1 you don't require the selection cause affect for field selection 'a' Then try this,

Go Sheet properties of Sheet 1>  Trigger>OnActivateSheet>Add>Selection>Clear Other Fields>Field 'a' (FieldName under Field)

also do Select AlternateState as A1(in same dialogBox)

Hope it will Help...

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, your suggestion doesn't work as we can't change the alternate states because we put the data table in the according alternate state. If we apply your solution, the table won't be properly affected.