Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Management Console can't find Excel-File on other Server

Hi everyone,

I am trying to load a Excelsheet that is on another server in the daily reload of the Management Console. If I load my .qvw file manually it is there is no problem on my qlikview server to find the excel sheet but when I try to load the .qvw in the management console i am getting the error: can't find path ....

has anyone came accros this problem? or does anyone know a solution??

regards,

MT

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Make sure the user running the QlikView Services has read access to the file location.

Also, make sure you're using an UNC path (\\server\folder\file.xls) and not a mapped drive.

If this doesn't work post your logs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello MT,

I suppose the problem is in access right to the excel file. When you were installing QVS you have to enter user name under which QVS service started. This user has no rights to your excel file. To check this - try to place excel file in to the same directory in which qvw reloaded, change the path in qvw and try to reload it in QMC.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Make sure the user running the QlikView Services has read access to the file location.

Also, make sure you're using an UNC path (\\server\folder\file.xls) and not a mapped drive.

If this doesn't work post your logs.