Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mapping Softwares

Hello Everyone,

We currently use Google maps for several applications. I found one post where a gentleman had connected to Bing maps.

Has anyone successfully connected to any other mapping softwares? MapPoint? ArcGIS? Any others?

We're evaluating what would be the most reliable, even if we have to buy a semi-expensive software.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dave,

You may consider to use GeoQlik from Business Geographic which is one of Qlikview partners.

The result is on my opinion far better from the one provided by Google, Bing or other free map solutions you may link with.

The outcome is even better because you can specify both surface and foreground mapping analysis on top of vector maps.

Furthermore you have also the area map approach and not only points which is crucial if your issue is to represent areas of interest (e.g. Sales or Client areas) and not only aggregation of points. Additionally you can alvo have into the same map document several and different layers which, when combined with different zoom rules, simulate accuratelly the drill down process.

Attached you'll find an example of a GeoQlik map inside QlikView

Cheers

Joao

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dave,

You may consider to use GeoQlik from Business Geographic which is one of Qlikview partners.

The result is on my opinion far better from the one provided by Google, Bing or other free map solutions you may link with.

The outcome is even better because you can specify both surface and foreground mapping analysis on top of vector maps.

Furthermore you have also the area map approach and not only points which is crucial if your issue is to represent areas of interest (e.g. Sales or Client areas) and not only aggregation of points. Additionally you can alvo have into the same map document several and different layers which, when combined with different zoom rules, simulate accuratelly the drill down process.

Attached you'll find an example of a GeoQlik map inside QlikView

Cheers

Joao

Not applicable
Author

This looks very interesting from a functionality standpoint.

I've sent out a feeler to the company to check on pricing / partner structures and agreements.

Thanks a lot for the heads up Joao!

Not applicable
Author

Hi dsmithnewmarkkf

have you heard from the company about pricing fore geoqlik?

renisonc
Partner - Contributor III

Hi dsmithnewmarkkf - we are interested in using the Geo Qlik too and was wondering if you ever got through using it? is it sold as a product or do they license it per user?

WHat has your experience been so far if you have used it? If Not, what made you decide to go against it.

Thanks,
REnison

Not applicable
Author

Hello REnison,

We purchased three licsenses for GeoQlik to "evaluate" it. It is currently not fully integrated with QlikView. So, we did not use it very much.

However, GeoQlik v10.0 is coming out in May and is supposed to be much more integrated. We will reevaluate then. It does have some very nice features, and apparently will have even more in 10.0. Will be interesting. And of course, depends what types of maps you plan on creating.

Here is my last correspondence from GeoQlik:

"Hi David,

GeoQlik 10 is actually in beta 2. The finally release will be for may.

GeoQlik main features are: integration as a qlikview extension, AJAX support.

Best regards,

Damien"

Hope this helps a bit,

Dave

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in GeoQlik.

If you want to know more about GeoQlik v.10, you can register to webinars dedicated to this new version, following this link :

http://www.geoqlik.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=9&Itemid=58

Best regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hello schou,

I believe it was around $500-600 USD per licsense, plus an annual maintenance fee of $270USD.

Regards,

Dave

renisonc

Thanks for the Information Dave. This really helps.

Renison

renisonc

Hi mpourquier,

When i go to register on your site for the english webinar, the entire webex site and information is in French. It makes it difficult for someone to register for the english webinar.

Thanks,
Renison