Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mapping from a AutoCad DWG file

Hi

We have a requirement to take a layout created in AutoCAD and overlay it on a map using a mapping extension. We have experimented heavily with NPGeoMap but the issue we have is that the Cad file contains information the mapping software cannot render. Has anyone had experience doing something similar?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

You already that IdevioMaps can do it, but I wanted to a leave a reference if someone else have the same question.

The Cad file needs to be in some kind of defined reference systems in order to be able to render.

It also help if the cad objects in the drawing contains a usable id field that can be used for indexing.

Thanks

Patric Nordström, Idevio

Try IdevioMaps for Qlik Sense, QlikView and GeoAnalytics Connector at QlikMarket or watch the highlights on video.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

You already that IdevioMaps can do it, but I wanted to a leave a reference if someone else have the same question.

The Cad file needs to be in some kind of defined reference systems in order to be able to render.

It also help if the cad objects in the drawing contains a usable id field that can be used for indexing.

Thanks

Patric Nordström, Idevio

Try IdevioMaps for Qlik Sense, QlikView and GeoAnalytics Connector at QlikMarket or watch the highlights on video.

Not applicable
Author

For information, IDEVIO have further developed their GeoAnalystics connector so it can now import DXF files and place them directly onto the map. This process can be initiated just be reloading the application and placing the DXF into a given directory.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

Even am stuck with bringing Geo Analytics with Auto CAD DFX file. May i know which version of DFX file supports qliksense/qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

We created the DFX file from an AutoCAD 2015 DWG file

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick, Thanks for your reply.  Can you please provide me the steps to import Autocad DWG file into Geo analytics.

Not applicable
Author

Its not that simple. Like I said we worked with Idevio in order to do this. Idevio were sent our DXF's to which they then tweaked their GeoAnalytics connector to pull the lines and points from our DXF's.

Your best contacting Idevio as your DXF\DWG's may be incompatible.

QLIK has now purchased this connector now so I'm not sure whether they can still help!

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Nick and Nithin,

To import DXF files, use the "Load" operation in the connector.

GeoAnalytics Connector Documentation « bi.idevio.com

Guides & Examples « bi.idevio.com

Thanks,

Patric Nordström

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Patric,

I've tried with Pairing DXF file with qliksense. 

1.) Installed Java SE

2.) Installed Geoanalytics Connector 5.8

3.) Installed Geoanalytics Plus

After installing all the applications i placed the downloaded extensions in specific paths. Later if i load the URL am getting this error

Load.PNG

Load2.PNG

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

To access local files, use the file:.. url syntax:

file:///C:/Users/bps/Downloads/railways/