Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konidena
Creator
Creator

Master Calendar creation

Hi Team,

I have a data model which contains patient admitted date and discharged date. I am maintaining these 2 dates in fact table.

I am not having all the dates in a year as  patient admitted and discharged dates.

My requirement is , i have to create master calendar. I considered the minimum date is minimum date from patient admitted date.

Maximum date is maximum of patient discharged date.

Now, i  need to have Year, Quarter, Month, Week.

Please suggest me on how to create the master calendar to show all the dates.

Regards

Srini

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can link one master calendar only to one date field. You have two. So perhaps you want two calendars. Otherwise you may need to remodel your data so that you have only one date field, optionally with a field that specifies which kind of date the record stores. You could for example create records for each day a patient was submitted between the admission and discharge dates. How to do that is explained in this blog post: Creating Reference Dates for Intervals

For more information about using multiple versus single master calendars see these pages and the comments on those pages:

Master calendar

The Master Calendar

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand