cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yrstruly
Contributor
Contributor

Mastering QlikView Data Visualization - Excercise 2.1

Hi, anybody that completed the tutorials in this book(with the free version of Qlikview)?

Can you please assist with Exercise 2.1

I have opened the " VariableEditor Shortcut " after i have created a new file in Qlikview and followed "3. Click Container Map Editor. If the button hangs, then enable the Open Databases in Read and Write mode in the Setting tab of the Edit Script window and try again. " Am i wrong?

Cant seem to find this "4. In the container map table, go to the empty line after 99.Shared_Folders, and under the Container Folder Name column, click the black arrow indicating that it is an input field. "?

It doesn't give me that.

karlpover.PNG

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will reach out to the education team on this. Thanks
Sue Macaluso
Jennifer_Moore
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am not familiar with this course name, would you please tell me which course, learning module or website you retrieved this from?

Sr. Director, Learning Strategy & Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's from the book Mastering Qlikview Data Visualization by Karl Pover: 

https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qlikview-data-visualization

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello,

Thanks for going through the exercises in my book. What do you see in the QV app after completing step 3? Do you see something like the following table?

2019-05-25_22-56-12.png

Karl

yrstruly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Capture.PNG

Thank You Karl for replying. Please see above. When i open the VariableEditor Shortcut, it just hangs.