Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Matching only one of two possible fields?

Hi,

I need some help.
Please see my attached QVTest.zip, which contains the QlikView File and the Excel Files.

When opening the SubSA.qvw you can see a list box with Sales Areas and Subsidiaries. Sales Areas containing subsidiarys. If your clicking on a Sales Area (i.e. CISMAT), you can see, that CISMAT is divided in Africa, CIS, ME and Turkey.

Now, please have a look at the Usertable. Here there is the unique ID for each User, the ADName, the First and Last Name and now the two important things - the Sales Area and the Subsidiary, where each person is related to. Backorder isn't interesting in this case.

When I'm selecting ID "1", QlikView shows the data related to "1" (Southern Europe and TISE PT). Now, ID "1" want to see all data from Southern Europe and not only TISE PT. How to do this? Deleting TISE PT in the Usertable from ID "1" gives the right result, but the Subsidiary of each person must be written in the Usertable.

QlikView match Sales Area AND Subsidiary, but Sales Area is hierarchic ahead to the subsidiarys. So how can QlikView perform, that a User get all data (i.e. from Southern Europe), but he already has the TISE PT entry which QlikView match automatically?

My goal is to loop and reduce the "ID" fields for sending out PDF-Files with the Data, what the Users want to have. So when selecting "1" and User "1", want to have Southern Europe datas, he can see all Southern Europa subsidiarys. ID 2 want to have CISMAT and only want to see the data related to ME ... and so on and so on. Matching the Subsidiarys is working, but when I want to have the Sales Area data it doesn't work, because QlikView already matches the Subsidiarys.

Thanks for help!

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/2161.QVTest.zip:550:0]

0 Replies