Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rulohx87
Contributor III
Contributor III

Max latency on cloud server azure?

Hello guys,

There is a server with 30 applications and 140 concurrent users. It will be migrated to the cloud with the Azure platform. What should be the maximum latency for a cloud server?

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Rullohx87,

We've found that Qlikview will perform as expected with a disk response time of less than 200ms.  The type of environment doesn't really matter in this case, just the disk response time.  We've got plenty of customers running Qlikview on AWS and other cloud environments.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Raul, you likely want the users to reside in the same 'region' as the Azure instance to avoid as much connection latency as possible.  Other than that, it really boils down to the size of the apps and expressions etc. as to how quickly things will perform for the users.  If you get the closest Azure instance to the majority of the users, that should ensure pretty good performance, the outliers may experience some performance issues, but as long as the bandwidth between their client and the Azure instance is decent, things should perform ok.  Sorry I do not have anything more detailed here, shout if you have further questions, but the best thing will be to actually test your proposed setup to ensure things are going to work as you wish.  You may want to take a look at the Scalability area Tool, which would allow you to run some tests to see if things look good or not.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/gp-p/qlik-scalability

Documents tab there should likely be the best place to start with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.