Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stjernvd
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Max variable size?

Hi,

I am creating a variable in my script with around 9,000 numbers, they are separated like this, '1234','1233', etc..

The size is constantly 9,000 numbers, but I worry this may be too big and maybe the variable isnt capturing all the numbers, its very hard to check.

9000 numbers isnt too big for the variable to handle is it?

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't think there should be an issue, but why are you doing this? May be there is another better way to do this because you are always going to worry about checking if those 9000 values are there or not

stjernvd
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have a table with a list of Product IDs that I don't want to be pulled in another table.

IDs:

Load

ProductIDs

From

xxx

Where Purchase = 'RETURNED';

Main:

Load

ProductIDs,

etc,

etc,

From

xxx

Where not exists (Product IDs);

But this wouldnt work so I made ProductIDs in the IDs table as a variable instead and then in the Main table Where ProductIDs(not match ('$(variable') but this isn't the best approach due the reasons ive listed above.

Any ideas on why my where not exists isnt working?

sunny_talwar

First of all, I am guessing this was a typo -> Where not exists (Product IDs); -> Where not exists (ProductIDs);(Should be without any space, since both your fields name don't have space)

Second, Do you have ProductIDs elsewhere in the script before you bring these two tables in?

stjernvd
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes it was a typo sorry!

No I don't, the first time I bring ProductIDs in is in the IDs table...

sunny_talwar

I don't see why the above script won't work. Can you share the whole script, may be we are missing something which is not shared here?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Assuming ProductIDs isn't the key to the table, then the script doesn't work because in the second load, you'll only get the very first record for any given ProductIDs. After that, the ProductIDs exists, so you won't load any further records for it. The solution would be to load the first field as ReturnedProductIDs, and do not exists(ReturnedProductIDs, ProductIDs). That's my guess, anyway. I wasn't exactly clear what wasn't working, just that it wasn't working as you expected.