Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Namaste all

I was trying to  assign CAL(Assigned cals) for my users on the server. but, i couldn't add my users which are on my server

Than i tried to create a user in Active Directory , than i installed Active Directory domain service on my server.

than  on wards i am unable to access my access point. I am getting the error as shown below.access.PNG

when i try to go on Qlikview server, in the system tab, setup,

I am getting the following error as:

server error.PNG

when i tried to enter the login details again, I am getting the following error.

To login using username and password, please enable 'Allow admin using name and password' on the security tab.

can anyone please help me with this

sunindiaashfaq_haseebjanithharsith

Thanks in advance

23 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you remove AD, all domain accounts are gone.

You should be able to login as local Administrator though. You are a qualified Windows Server administrator, aren't you?

Not applicable
Author

No, I am not a qualified windows admin and i started working on server since a week ago before i used to learn something on VMs.

actually, i have just installed Active Directory yesterday on my sever, that is a test server and not much users or anything on my server.

as i said, i myself installed AD on my server yesterday, there was no users configured to that domain i have given.

but, i dont know, why my system broken.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you try logging in with a local administrator account?

If this is a VM, you will almost certainly have access to an initial copy of your VHD or an earlier snapshot without AD, like Ashfaq suggested. In order to not loose too much time figuring out how to get you server operational again, I would advise to restore an initial VM copy and start all over again.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

yeah, my colleague helped me to restore the server by using initial VM..

Now, I am working on creating users again,

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

Hi peter, 

I am unable to add users to Assigned cals in QMC,

I am unable to add users in Manage users,

when i search for user name i am not finding any of my users here..

users.PNG

I have created three users in sever by going to local users and group on windows server 2008 ,

could you please tell me, after creating users what else should i do, so that users can group in QMC

Thanks in advance

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

I am unable to add users to Assigned cals in QMC,

I am unable to add users in Manage users,

when i search for user name i am not finding any of my users here..

users.PNG

I have created three users in sever by going to local users and group on windows server 2008 ,

could you please tell me, after creating users what else should i do, so that users can group in QMC

Thanks in advance

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you try searching for account names using wildcards (e.g. * in front and at the back of the - optionally partial - account name)? In the User Selection Dialog and after entering your seach term, did you click the magnifying glass? Did you use the QMC->Users tab to search for users and permissions?

Please post a screenshot of QMC->System->Setup->Directory Service Connectors->Select your DSC->Local Directory. Thanks.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi peter, thanks for the quick reply

ss for use search

us.PNG

ss for directory service

DS.PNG

Thank you so much again

Not applicable
Author

Thanks sir,

sorry, i was not aware of local directory. i just configured it, and i am able to see my users ..

and excuse me for my novice knowledge on this

Thank you so much sir

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No problem. This is what this community is made for: exchanging knowledge. I mentioned the Local Directory DSC in my first post

Enjoy QlikView and the Qlik Community!

Peter