Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevelee
Contributor
Contributor

Migrating from V9 to V12 - Licence Cals?

Hi,

Our organisation has been running a very old (V9 instance) of Qlikview and only recently upgraded hardware to allow us to migrate to V12.  I was wondering if it's possible to migrate over all of the cals that have been assigned to users?  I assume it would have all just moved over if upgrading on the same server, but as we've moved to a different machine i'm struggling..

I've managed to find guides and locations of where this detail is held for more recent versions, but nothing about V9.

Is there any way other than completely starting from scratch?

Thanks

Steve

Labels (3)
2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would say you need to re-assign the licenses from scratch. I don't think there is a upgrade path from V9 to V12.

-Rob

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I cannot recall for certain in version 9, but what you would be looking for in regard to things would be the CalData.pgo file, but we may have been doing things differently back in version 9, been a long time since I have worked in a version 9 environment, so cannot recall directly exactly how things worked, but if you cannot find a CalData.pgo, then to Rob's point, you will have to add them manually or set dynamic assignment:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Licenses_Qli...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.