Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Min. Sum(Sales) for UserID where Sum(Sales) >= 10 for Date between 18/08/2016 and 04/09/2016 - Daily report

Hi,

I am struggling with an Expression, if anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated!. I need to add the following criteria:

• Minimum Sum( Sales Amount) for all 'UserIDs'
  • Where Sum( Sales Amount ) > = 10  (In a given day there could be multiple sales so we need the sum for that day)
  • 'ReportDate' between '18/08/2016' and '04/09/2016''
  • ReportDate' must = '31/08/2016' as it is a daily report and we are checking the minimum Sum(Sales) for that day only

I have tried using:

Calculated Dimensions:

• ReportDate: if(Date>= '18/08/2016' and Date<='04/09/2016', Date)

Expression:

= IF( ReportDate = MIN(total <UserId, Date> Date) AND Sum( Sales Amount ) >= 10 AND ReportDate = '31/08/2016', SUM(Amount))

The above clearly doesn't work and I am getting some really strange inclusions. Any help whatsoever will be highly appreciated!

Edit:

28 Dec. 2016:

Updated both files to include the correct UserIds as the previous file had an issue with a few of the trailing UserIds.

27 Dec. 2016:

I've added sample data below and a QVW. As you will notice from the Excel sample data everything in yellow highlight should not be inoth cluded (all UserIds from and including 100043) in the resultant output.

Thanks,

S W

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vishwarath,

This has been hugely helpful, however, there is something which i/ have not accounted for in the larger data set I am working on.

It seems there are multiple sales in a given day.

With your solution it delivers the first value for that day:

=Firstsortedvalue({< [Sales Amount]= {">=10"}>} [Sales Amount], Aggr(Min(Date), SbUserId))

What I need is the Total sales for the day rather than the first amount, so as an example if i changed UserID: 1000442 to:

DateUserIdSales Amount
31/08/201610004424
31/08/201610004426

This means that this UserId would be excluded. Is there any way to Sum the [Sales Amount] first before doing the >=10 filter and also return the sum?

Also, I need to return the date so if it could be modified to do that too, that would be great!

Thanks again for all your help!

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you tell me why this UserID needs to be excluded? This userId has the salesamount as 10 in your excel sheet, which qualified our >= 10 criteria? Can you elaborate?

Or if your data is different to what you have on your current excel sheet attached let us know or send me a new set of data you actually working on.

Try this attached?

= Firstsortedvalue({<[Sales Amount] = {'>=10'}>} Aggr(Sum([Sales Amount]), Date, UserId), Aggr(Min(Date), UserId))

sunny_talwar

We don't have a sample to test this, but try this:

=Sum(Aggr(If(Date = Min(TOTAL <UserId> Aggr(If(Sum([Sales Amount]) >= 10, Date), UserId, Date)), [Sales Amount]), UserId, Date))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vishwarath,

I've tested that and it doesn't work with the new above Expression.

I've created a link for the files below:

Thanks and highly appreciated!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your input, it's highly appreciated! I've added the files above in response to Vishwarath.

I just tried your qvw and updated the data and it's clear that UserID: 1000442 is missing from the data.

Also, as a reminder, I need this for 31/08/2016 (I probably can do this myself but not sure what the solution would be so worth noting for now).

Sunny T.jpg

Thanks,

Sjaun

sunny_talwar

May be this?

=Sum(Aggr(If(Date = Min(TOTAL <UserId> Aggr(If(Sum([Sales Amount]) >= 10, Date), UserId, Date)), Sum([Sales Amount])), UserId, Date))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny.

I've checked on of the UserIds and the numbers are incorrect - it seems to have summed all the values for the UserId, please see below image.

Thanks!

Vishwarath.jpg

sunny_talwar

Is this for me or Vishwarath? I guess you responded to one of my threads... Did you try what I suggested?

=Sum(Aggr(If(Date = Min(TOTAL <UserId> Aggr(If(Sum([Sales Amount]) >= 10, Date), UserId, Date)), Sum([Sales Amount])), UserId, Date))

Not applicable
Author

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Sunny!! That works like a charm. I made a few adjustments to your expression but not much. Works beautifully though!

You've saved my holidays!

Also, a big shout out to Vishwarath who also helped us get to this point!

Min Dep. Amount:

=IF(Sum(Aggr(If(Date = Min(TOTAL <UserId> Aggr(If(Sum([Sales Amount]) >= 10, Date), UserId, Date)), Sum([Sales Amount])), UserId, Date))>=10,

IF(

Min(TOTAL <UserId> Aggr(If(Sum([Sales Amount])>= 10, Date), UserId, Date), Sum([Sales Amount]))

= '31/08/2016',

Sum(Aggr(If(Date = Min(TOTAL <UserId> Aggr(If(Sum([Sales Amount]) >= 10, Date), UserId, Date)), Sum([Sales Amount])), UserId, Date)))

)

Min Dep. Date:

=IF(Sum(Aggr(If(Date = Min(TOTAL <UserId> Aggr(If(Sum([Sales Amount]) >= 10, Date), UserId, Date)), Sum([Sales Amount])), UserId, Date))>=10,

IF(

Min(TOTAL <UserId> Aggr(If(Sum([Sales Amount])>= 10, Date), UserId, Date), Sum([Sales Amount]))

= '31/08/2016', '31/08/2016')