Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Miscellaneos

I have a data set.  And I have created a table object in Qlkiview.

Can I use the same table's data, and do some Aggregate manipulations and use that data into a Chart ?

Thanks,
Praveen

8 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Yes, but you need to add more details to your posting, like what you are actually trying to achieve.

andy

Gysbert_Wassenaar

A qlikview document contains a data model. You can see this data model using the Table Viewer (from the File menu). The fields from this internal data model can be used as dimensions and in expressions in sheet objects like Table boxes, pivot tables, bar charts etc. All the sheet objects will use the same data model. It's not possible to reference a chart or table box object in another sheet object. So yes, you can use the same data, but no you cannot reuse the calculated data shown in a table box or chart in another table box or chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Yes you can Praveen. If you are applying aggregation functions in the script make sure to use group by.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

Sorry I didnt get your point. Can you please elaborate it more ?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Parveen,

if you use aggregation functions like sum, max in script, then you should use group by.

eg:

Load

Name,

sum(Salary) as Salary

from <>

group by Name;

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

Thats fine.

But Can I do that aggregate function in a table and use those aggregated stuffs from the table object and use it in a chart ?

Thanks,

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Yes you can, in chart also you just have to create the same aggregated field, same as created in table.

It will be easy to explain if you can provide a sample question.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

yes, u can do what ever with ur data.