Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing Objects and Empty Container

This is one that is stumping me and my boss. We have a Qlikview document that was created by a coworker no longer on our team. On one sheet of the document there is one container of 4 objects and another container with 3 objects. On my machine, the charts and graphs display perfectly. However, on our shared access point and on my boss' machine, the containers just say that they are empty.

We both looked through the list of objects in the document properties on our respective machines, but none of charts missing on his machine are listed there, not even on my own machine. I can right click on each object and look at the properties without issue, but copying and pasting the object does nothing to put it in the list, nor make it visible on other machines.

Is there any way for me to get these objects back in place where they should be? Any ideas why they aren't on the list? Am I going to need to recreate each object one piece at a time?

I've attached two screenshots I've taken, in case they help. The first is what one of the charts should look like, and the second is what is displayed on the access point.

Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you must take the obects out of the container and then copy them and then put them back into the container...

because you only copy references within the conainer...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you must take the obects out of the container and then copy them and then put them back into the container...

because you only copy references within the conainer...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robin,

We had thought we were doing that, but this definitely got us on the right path.

We had to detach the objects and then copy/paste them outside the container to create a new object for each chart without losing any settings, then just recreated the container with the new objects.

It looks like the original creator had deleted the objects after putting them in a container for cleanup, not knowing it would cause issues. I moved new objects to a hidden sheet instead, so hopefully this prevents this happening again. I'm just glad I didn't have to try to recreate all the charts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

...I copied a container with 10 charts to another sheet, changed everything and then realised that the original charts have been also changed