Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing or truncated bars from Bar Chart?

I have a Bar Chart with quite a lot of bars. There are 2 dimensions: the first is time (Month-Year), and the second is the product name. We have data that spans roughly 2008 to 2014 for these products. I made a separate Year selection of just 2013.

Questions:

1) Why does QlikView truncate all of the bars past June?

2) Is there a setting I can change to make it show the entire year in one chart?

3) Why is there no horizontal scroll bar on the chart to allow me to slide over and see the other bars, since there is an up and down arrow on the product dimension that allows me to see additional products.

See attached screenshots; I added one showing that there truly is July through December data if I select it from our Month listbox. Also a screenshot of the up and down arrows on the first dimension.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

sometimes checking

"Allow Thin Bars" and/or "Show AllBars" in Presentation tab helps

From online help

Allow Thin BarsFor charts with a non-continuous x-axis, QlikView will only display as many data points as can be accommodated in the plot area available. Remaining data points are truncated from the chart. Bars are by default drawn with a minimum width of four pixels, to make them clearly distinguishable. Check this option to allow compression of bars to a width of 1 pixel.
Show All BarsFor charts with a non-continuous x-axis, QlikView will only display as many data points as can be accommodated in the plot area available. Remaining data points are truncated from the chart. Check this option to force the drawing of all data points. Bars can be compressed (as for Allow Thin Bars) and some may also be partially obscured by others.

regarding horizontal scroll bars did you check "Enable X-Axis Scroll bar" in Presentation tab?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

can you attach sample file or apps?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I cannot, as it contains client data. It is just as described and reflected in the attached screenshots though.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can prepare a sample excel data file similar to original one with dummy data.

It's difficult to understand your question without checking the data or apps.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

sometimes checking

"Allow Thin Bars" and/or "Show AllBars" in Presentation tab helps

From online help

Allow Thin BarsFor charts with a non-continuous x-axis, QlikView will only display as many data points as can be accommodated in the plot area available. Remaining data points are truncated from the chart. Bars are by default drawn with a minimum width of four pixels, to make them clearly distinguishable. Check this option to allow compression of bars to a width of 1 pixel.
Show All BarsFor charts with a non-continuous x-axis, QlikView will only display as many data points as can be accommodated in the plot area available. Remaining data points are truncated from the chart. Check this option to force the drawing of all data points. Bars can be compressed (as for Allow Thin Bars) and some may also be partially obscured by others.

regarding horizontal scroll bars did you check "Enable X-Axis Scroll bar" in Presentation tab?

iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

Not applicable
Author

Thank you guys so much for the help, that's what I was looking for. I don't know how I missed that option since I swear I checked every tab at least twice.