Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III

Month Selection from Week snapshot

Hi Experts ,

i have attached the qvw with dates loaded.. With the attached data i need to see the below month view (in list box) and when i select Jan in that.. latest week of Jan (i.e., 1/28/2017) should get selected.. likewise For Feb (2/25/2017),Mar(3/25/2017) and so on..

Month1.PNG

Highly appreciate on this help!!

Thanks!!

27 Replies
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny - Just a qq.. Instead of date field, if i have the attached Time stamp field.. can you show how t works for the same output? Attached is the file FYR..

sunny_talwar

Here you are

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

ok Cool!!!

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny - One more challenge am facing after this

Challenge is am not able to select more than one month at a time in the below list box.. Any workaround for this ?

Month1.PNG

sunny_talwar

What should happen if you select more than 1 Month?

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have few charts below these list box.. For which i have month dimension... So when i select Eg., Jan and Feb.. Data for those 2 months (i understand Max week of those months reflects..still fine) should get reflected in the chart..

sunny_talwar

So if you select Jan and Feb, you would want the last week date to be selected for both Jan and Feb?

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes.. Perfect!

sunny_talwar

Here you are

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Am not getting the output in mine.. Only thing that is different in my script and your script is

in your script- TimeStamp(Date#(REFERENCE_DT, 'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss')) as Date,

in my script- Date(TimeStamp(Date#(REFERENCE_DT, 'M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss')),'MM/DD/YYYY') as Date,

As i need the date to be in MM/DD/YYYY format i added that in my script in front of my Timestamp..Not sure where i went wrong..

please find the attached files which i tested.. Can u bring the output in this file plz?