Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multidimensional barcharts - axis gridlines

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a multidimensional bar chart, showing total sales by Region (primary dimension) and Services (second dimension).

I have two challenges:

1. Grid. The grid lines on the dimension axis are being displayed in the middle of the primary dimension. I'd prefer if they could be displayed as separating the primary dimensions:

error loading image

ie. I'd rather the vertical grid lines were between the clusters. The current placing (in the middle of the clusters) is misleading a little - e.g. see the second blue bar (with the value 504) this could be interpreted as part of the second cluster or the third cluster.

2. I am missing some individual bars (e.g. the blue bar in the second cluster). If I could get these to display then this could mitigate the point I've raised above (i.e. if the second cluster showed the blue bar then the placing of the gridlines may be less misleading).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

"I am missing some individual bars (e.g. the blue bar in the second cluster). If I could get these to display then this could mitigate the point I've raised above (i.e. if the second cluster showed the blue bar then the placing of the gridlines may be less misleading). "

The reason may be that there are no relevant values as a result of which the blue bar is not getting displayed. Please post some data to test and fix the issue.

Not applicable
Author

Hi IT User - thanks for responding.

Yes - you're correct. There is no values / data for that combination, but I'd really like to be able to display it as 0. Or sort out the grid line issue!

Not applicable
Author

To show all the bars including Zero values, go to the presentation tab of the chart properties and uncheck the Suppress Zero-Values check box. But check the Zero on Bars check box. This will allow to show the zero values also.

For the Grid problem you would have enabled Show Grid in Expression axes and Dimension Axis. Uncheck the Show Grid check box in Dimension Axis. This would remove the vertical lines. Try and let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks - the displaying of 0 bars works - great!

On the grid issue, I want to display the grid, but not with the lines going through the middle of the cluster - i.e. I want the grid lines to separate the clusters (be shown in between them).

Not applicable
Author

I assume we can't do much about it as you can't resize the way grid is reflecting on the background. I think it is also not possible to show the clusters separately by separating with grid lines.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem, does anyone have a solution?

Is there anyway of not have the gridlines on the dimension titles?

Thanks

Gareth