Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Selections in a Field - CTRL not working?

I have what I think to be a pretty simple problem to solve, but I'm struggling to figure out the solution.

I have a table box and want to make multiple, non-sequential selections.  In the Qlikview "Help" section, it says that you should be able to Ctrl-click for multiple selections.  However, when I hold down my Ctrl button and click on my first selection, it automatically selects that item and prevents me from selecting the additional fields.

Any thoughts on how what I am doing incorrectly and/or how to fix this?

Thanks for any insight!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume this statement should be read as '... multiple selections in a list box'. Try creating a list box, there you should be able to do multiple selections using CTRL key (or add drop down Selects in your table box on presentation tab of table box properties - should also work).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume this statement should be read as '... multiple selections in a list box'. Try creating a list box, there you should be able to do multiple selections using CTRL key (or add drop down Selects in your table box on presentation tab of table box properties - should also work).

Not applicable
Author

I have added a list box in my my Qlikview application, with a single field, "Origin City".  There are multiple values within the field of "Origin City", and I want to select all except one of the values.  When I hold down the CTRL button and make my first selection, it automatically selects the item (as if I did not have the CTRL button held down) and all of the rest of the values disappear, keeping me from being able to make my next selection.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are using the desktop client in a recent version when doing so, are you?

Could you upload a small sample? I can't reproduce your issue here.

Not applicable
Author

The application was built by a coworker, so I tried to replicate the issue by opening a new Qlikview file.  In my replication, multiple selections using the CTRL button does work.  So, sounds like the issue may be with that single file, and I'll need to touch base with my coworker and find out what he did (and if it was intentional)!  Thanks for offering to look into this. I'll mark your earlier answer as the correct one.